Madisound kit - Vifa Recession Buster

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys,

Wanted to see if you guys thought the Recession kit was a good value buy..?

How would you rate it in comparison say on a 1 - 10 scale for overally quality?

Is the premium crossover upgrade worth it?

This will be for home and possibly auto use too. If the kits turn out to be good, I will know a few people who will buy them as well.

Thanks for all the feedback in advance.

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/pro...oducts_id=8525

Ben

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Every time I look at Madisound's specials, I wish I had a need for this kit. Looks VERY promising for what it is, and I don't see how they can make much money at $59. I've actually heard only the tweeter, but I would trust Madisound. I had assumed until now that the components were Chinese Vifa, but they're actually 'genuine' Danish Vifa. Get them while you still can!

fixed link

hi Prasad,

Here is a brief description:

internal width - 6"

top - 10"
bottom 1"

line length 39"

the overall height is 40"

the line opens at the bottom

I placed the mid at 12" from the top which may be slightly high. Im not sure if this has negative effects. I haven't been able to do any measurements since setting this up will take too much time and we have a four month old baby.

They are stuffed from the top to about half way down the line. I think I'm leaving it this way.

I'll post the pic before I go to bed.

I've never built a TL before and there are people around here that know alot, so if your interested in building this, get some other opinions and look for the thread on here titled something like rb kit transmission line. GM posted some specs which were close to this.

If anyone has any thoughts on this project, please speak up. I intend to rebuild this cabinet with better material and contruction at some point.

David

here's a pic.

Attachments

• tl speaker.jpg
    tl speaker.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 402
Understandable.

I had these in .25 cubic foot sealed cabinets for a while, and I was extremely pleased with them. I bought ports to build the BR but at the very last minute I decided to do a TL.

Anyway, I hope the original poster finds some of this info useful.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Incidentally, I'm using a couple of those dayton audio T-amps that sell for $40 at parts express. I'm using one channel from each amp. Its just insane how good these sound for the minuscule cost. The RB kit and these amps make for one very cheap, excellent sounding package.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.