Kef B1814

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, has anyone out there have any experiences of the Kef B1814 bass driver. This is an 18" x 12" rectangular driver along the lines of the B139 in construction.
I have found very little on the web apart from the Thiele & Small parameters from some guy in Italy! The specs read like they could make good open baffle sub's with a <20Hz resonance and a Qts of 1.2 and they are really big so will move quite abit of air.
Many thanks.

This driver was on ebay and I nearly went for it; I wish I had now as they are very rare. I have not seen another pair on ebay!
It would be nice to find out a bit more about this driver and what happened to them. I don't suppose the production run was large judging by how rare they are.
Is anyone from KEF out there watching this forum?
:)

HI DAMIC,
I had a look at the link that you gave; a full set of T&S figures. WOW!?
Now I know I should have bought them.
Will have to keep an eye open for any more that show up!
Surely there must be someone from KEF who could provide more information about these drivers. Come on show yourself........please!

Just thought I would resurrect this thread as I was thinking about this driver the other day.
Still have not noticed another pair of these drivers for sale nor the Kef K1 that they came from.....not that I have been looking that hard.
I don't suppose anyone on the forum know's the whereabouts of a pair of either the drivers or speakers do they? In the UK of course as shipping from anywhere too far away will be uneconomical.

Just thought I'd ask

HI DAMIC,

Surely there must be someone from KEF who could provide more information about these drivers. Come on show yourself........please!

These were gone by the time I got to KEF. They didn't last long, partly because the large size didn't suit the UK market, and I got the impression they were hard to build. Laurie or Raymond talked about filling them with lead BBs to get to mass and somehow balance them against voice coil rubs?

You might try the speaker talk forum as there are some KEF veterans there.

David

I have purchased a pair of speakers using these awesome drivers bottom end is good very good. However as mentioned they were never a commercial success size being the limitation my units were supplied with an awful elliptical mid-range unit a kef item elliptical
item i think these may have done 1 season only but the bass unit is staggering
Trev

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.