Where am I crossed over

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Am just getting back into this, and seem to have forgotten most if not all i learned tinkering as a teen back in the mid 70's.

Anyway, opened this pair of Dynaco 2 way speakers..the only crossover to speak of is a single capacitor in line with the tweeter..2.2 mfb, 100vac, 85c...... so where are they crossed over? And would this tell me anything about the frequency capabilities of the drivers 8" woof and a horn tweeter?

Not sure what am going to two, either ad mids to the two pairs of these, or maybe use the drivers elsewhere.

Thanks In Advance.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
dazed&confused said:

2.2 mfb, 100vac, 85c...... so where are they crossed over?

And would this tell me anything about the frequency capabilities of the drivers 8" woof and a horn tweeter?

Its crossed pretty high, around woofers natural rolloff

If it sounds good it means a very smooth woofer

If it sounds good, let it be
If it doesnt, let it be

Sure, it might benefit from a better xo
Sure, you could try a 12db instead
And maybe have some fun, and frustrations

But to make it into a 3way? FORGET IT

If you want a real good speaker, find a nice design

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
dazed&confused said:
opened this pair of Dynaco 2 way speakers...

What model?

They are either a model i haven't seen or someone has been mucking with them. A25/A35s have 5 uF caps in them.

XO is circa 1kHz. In the next post i'll attach an A50 tweeter XO imp (similar but for the series 2R).

dave

Attachments

• a25-a35-xo-map.gif
    a25-a35-xo-map.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 125
They 208's, odds are not the same Dynaco as the Dynaco of old, have a 8 inch poly woofer, and a horn tweeter with no specs at all on it.

Main notion toying with, is have a pair of optimus t-100s, tweeters gone, and woofs need a refoam.

have a pair of CV at-10 crossovers 300/3000, so was mulling yanking these woofers, scoping around for a another suitable pair of 8's, a pair of tweeters...and swapping all into the t-100 towers for my oldest son.

Was just looking at the Dayton DA175-8 7" Aluminum Cone Woofer over on parts express as possible candidates.

Finally found a chart and if read it right..xo is like 9000Khz!!!?

Thanks for the inputs :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.