good 2-way designs ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need some recommendations on good 2-way designs .
I got a pioneer a-400X amp , Rated 60 watts but its dynamic control of the speaker is very bad ,So i think a 2-way design with 5.5' woofers that dont need alot of juice to sound great are the best way to go .

Just need information where to find some cooky-cutter proven designs out there :)

I need some recommendations on good 2-way designs .
I got a pioneer a-400X amp , Rated 60 watts but its dynamic control of the speaker is very bad ,So i think a 2-way design with 5.5' woofers that dont need alot of juice to sound great are the best way to go .

Just need information where to find some cooky-cutter proven designs out there :)

This thread is a little dated, but in case you get this reply:

I just built a pair of the Leach 2-way bookshelf speakers. I used the modified resistor values as mentioned in the text. All I can say is WOW! Very well balanced. A lot of math went into the design of this enclosure. You would not believe the tightness of the bass response unless you were to actually hear them for yourself. I am powering these with my LM3886 Gainclone (1 3886 per channel)

Vifa 2-Way Loudspeaker System

I have attached the dims that I used for the front panel.

Attachments

• vifaspeaker2.pdf
    15.1 KB · Views: 67
This thread is a little dated, but in case you get this reply:

I just built a pair of the Leach 2-way bookshelf speakers. I used the modified resistor values as mentioned in the text. All I can say is WOW! Very well balanced. A lot of math went into the design of this enclosure. You would not believe the tightness of the bass response unless you were to actually hear them for yourself. I am powering these with my LM3886 Gainclone (1 3886 per channel)

Vifa 2-Way Loudspeaker System

I have attached the dims that I used for the front panel.

I meant to mention that I sourced all of the components for this from parts-express.com. I used the Erse 18AWG air-core in 0.4mH & 0.7mH values, Solen 4.7uF metallized polypropylene cap, & Dayton 4 ohm & 8 ohm 10W resistors for the crossovers.

leach 2-way crossover alternative

If someone else has actually built these other than me, then this may be of interest.

Changed the "east coast sound" 4R, 8R2 l-pad to the "west coast sound" 3R, 15R l-pad as described in the text.

Also changed the Solen 4.7uF to an Audyn. Not sure that actually matters much.

With the l-pad mod, they are much livelier with my 12W6 PSE amp than before. It's more the type of sound I like. Well worth the change I think.

Oh well...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.