Early diffractions / reflections and EQ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Paul W said:
Agree two-channel isn't going away anytime soon, certainly not in my lifetime.

Floyd does have me pumped about trying a serious multi-channel system...more than just HT noisemakers in the rear.

Remember this very vital fact. Dr. Toole works for Harmon Int'l - a company that builds and sells loudspeakers. So, to me, his advocacy (no matter how apparently justified on a technical basis) of a multi-channel approach will always be suspicious.

gedlee said:
Floyd does have a bias for Harman products, but his bias for multi-channel is not a result of where he worked. He truely believes that multi-channel is the future. I'm not yet convinced.

if you truly think about.. there is such a huge variance in recording/mastering techniques... and very few IMO can seem to get it right... now you add an enormous amount of variables to the table with recording/mastering for multi-channel and I don't see that being the solution anytime soon..

Now I can truly see the benefit... I just want to see it implimented appropriatley

Helmuth said:
I just saw the time is specified in this window.

In that window, I see 2 vertical red lines delimiting a segment on the time axis - it appears as you can move them by using the 2 buttons next to "Alles"(which would select everything). Windowing usually works by selecting the portion of the impulse that you need (in Arta, for example)

You can also use the Zoom button for easier selection.

gedlee said:

http://www.gedlee.com/Home_theatre.htm Chapter 1 - its a free download by the way.
Thanks for the information:) I will do my best to understand it.

In that window, I see 2 vertical red lines delimiting a segment on the time axis - it appears as you can move them by using the 2 buttons next to "Alles"(which would select everything). Windowing usually works by selecting the portion of the impulse that you need (in Arta, for example) You can also use the Zoom button for easier selection.
Thanks Bzfcocon.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.