Which shape cabinet for 2 way speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys, I have some pre-cut MDF that was for some other project but it works out nearly to the volume I want for a Vifa 2 way setup but want to see which way you guys would choose as far as mounting the drivers.

I can either have the speakers being short and deep or tall and not so deep. Same box really but just mounting the drivers on another panel. I'm thinking the short speaker might be better because there might be less flex on the panel that has the drivers due to the fact that its smaller. I'm also thinking that I could use a slightly larger port without worrying about port depth since front to back, I have a lot of space to work with.

So is one way better than the other? The wood is 5/8" MDF by the way.
Any suggestions welcome.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thanks for the reply. I'll be building my own stands so height is not really a problem. As for the port, I think I want the port on the front because in the smaller room, Ive found rear firing ports usually end up giving me heavier bottom than I'd like.

I'm leaning towards the shorter, deeper setup :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.