Visaton GF 200 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th April 2009, 06:44 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Visaton GF 200

Anyone has any experience with these woofers ?
Old 28th April 2009, 06:33 PM   #2
Helmuth is offline Helmuth  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Visaton GF 200

Quote:
Originally posted by lduarte1973
Anyone has any experience with these woofers ?
I used a similar woofer Of monacor sph250CTC dual coil 2X8.
Very low distortion and good bas response down to 18Hz and small enclosure 60L.
project

The problem is the X-max is not that big but for normal size room Hi-Fi listening no problem.
Old 1st May 2009, 05:05 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

No experience, Luís. What's your project and driver price in Portugal?
Do you mean to use it as a sub or as your main driver.

Visaton GF 200
http://www.visaton.com/en/high_end/t...gf200_2x4.html
Old 1st May 2009, 06:07 PM   #4
DcibeL is offline DcibeL  Canada
diyAudio Member

The GF200 definitely looks like a good driver. The response graph indicates that it may be usable up to nearly 2kHz, and could work in a 2-way design. I had considered it for my own speakers, but due to the lack of 3rd party distortion measurements, I went with the Peerless 830884 instead. A distortion measurement should be able to show if the cone breakup propagates lower in frequency as harmonic distortion.

The impedance graph also indicates good motor design. Visaton uses this driver in a 2-way here.
Old 1st May 2009, 06:14 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default Visaton GF200

They are not available in Portugal , no quality speakers available here... i have them shipped from BMM electronics in Holland . IŽll be using them as woofers in a 3 way configuration , for medium and high range i will use Epos ELS 3 making the necessary changes . If it doesnŽt sound good(using the small epos woofer as midrange) iŽll have to find a suitable one.I Think it will , cause i think Epos drivers sound really good.For Sub woofer i have a JBL E250 P.
My first choice was the Visaton TIW200XS or TIW250XS but i need a 4 ohm speaker. I have enough bass already on my system , i prefer a good clean tight sound than having uncontrolled bass everywhere.
Old 1st May 2009, 07:46 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Visaton GF200

Quote:
They are not available in Portugal , no quality speakers available here...
That's not true, but the price is a problem sometimes. Look at shops named "Dimofel" in Lisbon and "Megaudio" in Massamá. From other places you can get Eminence, Beyma, Selenium to name just a few. Maybe you can save if you ask (your drivers) by mail and save on taxes. Compare the prices first.
The Monacor looks very good on paper with a Fs=20Hz and SPL (1W/1m) 91dB. Maybe it can put aside the JBL sub also.
SPH-250CTC
http://www.bmm-electronics.com/Produ...roduct_ID=5506
Old 1st May 2009, 08:34 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Visaton GF200

Quote:
They are not available in Portugal , no quality speakers available here... i have them shipped from BMM electronics in Holland . IŽll be using them as woofers in a 3 way configuration , for medium and high range i will use Epos ELS 3 making the necessary changes . If it doesnŽt sound good(using the small epos woofer as midrange) iŽll have to find a suitable one.I Think it will , cause i think Epos drivers sound really good.For Sub woofer i have a JBL E250 P.
My first choice was the Visaton TIW200XS or TIW250XS but i need a 4 ohm speaker. I have enough bass already on my system , i prefer a good clean tight sound than having uncontrolled bass everywhere.
Super controlled low with the sph250ctc. I ordered also by BMM and had to wait 3 months before I saw them back. And shipping for your own costs.
3 monts is a very long time when you are waiting.
Water fall is this tight enough.

Click the image to open in full size.

I had problems measuring the distortion because it is low.

Old 2nd May 2009, 12:30 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Visaton GF200

Quote:
Originally posted by Helmuth

I ordered also by BMM and had to wait 3 months before I saw them back.
Was that in Christmas or January, Helmuth, or was it because of something else? (maybe there is another Helmuth/or the same address in another country?) Crazy.
Old 2nd May 2009, 09:54 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Re: Visaton GF200

Quote:
Originally posted by Inductor

Was that in Christmas or January, Helmuth, or was it because of something else? (maybe there is another Helmuth/or the same address in another country?) Crazy.
I posted Email no answers after several mails a reply then it took very long still no reply called also then he said he would send it to Monacor. In the end it took 3 months. It was form September to January.
Good internet shops are connected to a organisation how guaranties good behaviour of the shop. This shop looks very professional from the outside. But it is not connected to internet shop quality label so they can do what they want.

Both ordered sph250CTC where defective one voice coil scraped the pool plate and the other voice coil was tikking it seemed to be loose. And I tested them with only a few watts.
The new drivers are O.K and perform exceptional.

Regards, Helmuth
Old 2nd May 2009, 01:14 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Visaton GF200

Quote:
Originally posted by Helmuth

Both ordered sph250CTC where defective one voice coil scraped the pool plate and the other voice coil was tikking it seemed to be loose... The new drivers are O.K and perform exceptional.
That is very good to know, Helmuth. Thanks. There is a lot of defective parts in the market. (Some factories/shops are not in business any more). And I guess they come to the market as new items, (in this case) a sample is never tested and/or their manufacture quality is poor. Sometimes it pays to have a shop around the corner.

Hide this!Advertise here!