Visaton GF 200 - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd May 2009, 02:59 PM   #11
Helmuth is offline Helmuth  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Visaton GF200

Quote:
Originally posted by Inductor

That is very good to know, Helmuth. Thanks. There is a lot of defective parts in the market. (Some factories/shops are not in business any more). And I guess they come to the market as new items, (in this case) a sample is never tested and/or their manufacture quality is poor. Sometimes it pays to have a shop around the corner.
Precise Inductor,

The Monacor are assembled in Taiwan the materials are O.K only by poor quality control every thing can go wrong.

Till I used the Monacor I always had Visaton. I can say with visaton no quality problems a very good firm.

Regards, Helmuth
Old 2nd October 2012, 05:46 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Question about this woofer -
if using one voice coil (4ohms)
Fs 34hz
qts 0.77
vas 62L
when I model it on winisd in a sealed 45 litre it gives some interesting results, a slight hump (+2db@ 60-80hz) and an F3 of a very respectable 38hz before dropping quite quickly. More importantly, the qtc is 1.18, and 40 litres is 1.22. Any issues with stuffing a high qtc/vas driver in a smaller enclosure?

Last edited by Bill poster; 2nd October 2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 3rd October 2012, 01:09 AM   #13
Dissi is offline Dissi  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

The peak can somewhat be corrected by an appropriate serial capacitor. In this case it's a large 2200uF. The result in a 42 liter box without baffle step:
VisatonGF200InfiniteBaffle.jpg
The red curve should be close to your simulation. And now with baffle step simulation switched on:
VisatonGF200Baffle.jpg
Old 3rd October 2012, 04:35 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

a while ago i posted my 1st sub thread. I was trying to decide on a subwoofer and both visaton TIW200XS, 250XS and GF200 were on the choices amongst others. In WinISD the TIW drivers disappoint me a little so I looked at the GF200 due to the dual voicecoil providing Qts 'tuning'. Running a single voicecoil makes for an interesting sealed box speaker. Resistive adjustment of Q could be done with the other coil, which could improve the concept further. Nice looking driver and i trust the company quality.
Old 3rd October 2012, 03:15 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

65813.jpg

Hmmm, would make a possible isobaric candidate, being able to reduce that sealed area.. would the above work?

Last edited by Bill poster; 3rd October 2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old 3rd October 2012, 03:58 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Indeed Bill, the 2 ohm parallel impedance is what stopped me persuing isobaric designs, since 4 ohm is the lowest id be happy running with my amp. For others it may be less of an issue. I should really do the math for using a resistor on the 2nd coil. If i can lower Qts, even to 0.6 then that would make the driver a little easier to work with.

Hide this!Advertise here!