Seas 27TBFCG or Vifa XT19

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!
I need a wide dispertion (both horizontal and vertical), high quality tweeter for a 3 way design, crossed at least 3kHz, with a slope of at least 18dB/oct, for a medium sized living room.

The Seas 27TBFCG has been measured with good distortion figures by Zaph... Good price and quite improved dispertion over 1" domes.
But can't find information about the XT19, which is a 3/4" ring radiator - surely it's good for dispertion distortion is important as well.

Anyone has an idea on how these compare, please?

Thanks
Adam

I use the XT19 in one of my designs, it's a very nice tweeter. Very natural, warm and detailed sound. Also, not very "dome" like, but more like a circular planar tweeter.
I crossed the XT19 at 2,5 khz with a 18db/oct slope.
The XT19 has pretty high K2 distortion below 2,5khz, but K3 and K5 are very low (hey, even the scan speak ring radiators have a lot of K2 distortion).
The XT19 is just very high value for the money, you can't go wrong with it.

I never tried it myself but I heard a design with it. It sounds a bit more sharp then the XT19, so it " sounds" like it reveals more detail but that is not the case. The XT19 sounds warm (not upfront) but still it reveals every detail on the recordings. I would definitely pick the XT19 in your case (3khz, 18db/oct slope and medium sized room). It's dispersion is also very good, a lot better then it's bigger brother, it also sounds more refined then it's bigger brother.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.