Building 2 ways Ellam-XT Crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am very interested in building a Ellam-XT, and are searching components for the crossover at this point, however, I met several problems which I cannot find answer.

Project is Here.

Here is Ellam-XT crossover schematic:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

- Quote ¡°Only a few changes compared to the Ellam 9800 version. Un-wind 3.3 mH to 3.0 mH.¡±, I am not quite understand this part, I didn¡¯t find Ellam version has an 3.3mH Coil. Is there an early version which has a 3.3mH Coil for Ellam design?
- I am on the trouble to select parts. If my understanding is right. I should use some high grade components (Tolerance max 2%?) on L2011, R1011, R1051, C1021 and C1041. The rest of components I can just take normal components (Tolerance max 5%?), am I right? Anything missing?
- For 3.0mh L2031, I didn¡¯t find the resistance of coil, does it means I should count in L2031 resistance value. Let¡¯s say, if I choice an 0.5 ohm L2031, I should reduce R2031 from 8.2 ohm to 7.7.
- Again, for L2031, I am not quite understand why Troels suggest to un-wind 3.3mh to 3.0mh since there are some Coil have the exact 3.0mh value in Jantzen Audio Coil list.
- For L2011 and L1031, the resistance are all 0.2ohm. If I use some nice Coil which has only 0.1ohm, do I need to add an extra 0.1ohm resistance.

Really hope I can get answer from here since there are many nice people here who can help a new guy like me. And I apologize for I may asked some stupid questions.

Thanks in advance!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.