Short Thor build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've decided to build a set of Short Thors. Would someone confirm that these are the correct schematics? I believe the cabinet plans are correct, but am less sure of the xover plans.

Attachments

• seas-mtm-newxo.gif
    seas-mtm-newxo.gif
    19 KB · Views: 2,850
Hey mattmcl,

I designed the crossover shown about 2 years ago. Since that schematic was made, I've done another design which uses shallower LR4 slopes instead of the steeper 6th order slopes of the crossover shown. I prefer the sound of the crossover with the LR4 slopes. Fellow member tktran has also built the newer LR4 crossovers for his Thors.

I don't have time now, but I will post all the relevant information within a day or two.

Jim

I used Erse 14awg inductors, Jantzen inductors for higher gauges. All from Parts Express. You could get the same thing from Madisound (Solen perfect lay 14 AWG, Madisound inductors for higher gauge).

Use whatever Caps you wish. For the 5.7 uF value, I paralleled a 4.7uF with a 1.0 uF. I used basic Solen poly caps. I also used Eagle resistors from Madisound.

Jim

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.