Unibox database Q

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been using Unibox for ages and it's great. It's my go to for quick sims. When I downloaded it originally, I added the libraries, but for many of the Pro drivers like JBL, many of them are woefully wrong. So I have been entering the correct data from the manufacturers and saving them to a separate file on my HDD as .ddb files.

I have downloaded 4.08 and deleted all the data files save one. Is there a way I can add all of the saved .ddb files on my HDD as a group? There are a a few hundred of them so one at a time is a huge PITA.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
well that's odd. I run version 4.07 and it will import all entries in a ddb file if I want. ( I only have about 80) Just using the import button.

If you're not having any luck, do you want to send me or GM a zipped ddb and see if it imports for us? Or visa-versa?

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I looked at this again and reckon that Brett has exported each driver as a seperate file.

Is that so, Brett?

There is an option on export to save all the drivers or just the current one. A ddb file with all looks just like the single file ddb, but it says how many entries there are and lists them one after another - no breaks.

panomaniac said:
I looked at this again and reckon that Brett has exported each driver as a seperate file.

Is that so, Brett?
Yep, that's how they've been saved. When I first loaded in 4.07, I found so many errors with the pre loaded DB's I started correcting them and saving to a different folder. Plus now there are hundreds of drivers I don't want.

panomaniac said:
There is an option on export to save all the drivers or just the current one. A ddb file with all looks just like the single file ddb, but it says how many entries there are and lists them one after another - no breaks.
OK, so if I used notepad and added them all together without linebreaks, that might work?

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
It should, yeah. Royal P.I.T.A. for sure, but maybe the fastest way.

If you export a ddb file with several drivers and look at its structure you will see what to do - it's pretty simple.
I assume they need to be in alphabetical order and the files needs to say how may drivers it contains.

I hate to bump such an old thread, but it is discussing the exact file I am trying to figure out the format for. I want to import the drivers into another program, and just need to know which fields are which. They do not seem to correlate to actual T/S parameters though?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.