Seas Exotic X2-08 ;T35 out of stock

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Madisound Box/X-over plans -

Difficult to seriously consider ordering them when i don't get the madisound X2-08/t-35 vented box plans. They looked promising for low watt set's due to a higher sensitivity then their exotic fullrange driver but the supplied box plan shows bass dropping off below 500Hz. The X2-08 almost mirrors the factory measurements from 500Hz down.

I like the "idea" of a easy to place high WAF, 94db 2-way "smaller" than the adv. comparable size fullrange driver/BLH, for a change of flavors if these can do that.

So, can anyone here take the time to run a box simulation to see what the bass response could look like in a larger vented enclosure?

Also any reason why a Audax TW025A26 or TW025A28 couldn't be used to get the ball rolling and then upgrade to the exotic T35 at a latter point if you fell the need to?

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/PDF/x2-08_exotic-w8.pdf

now you're confusing me and i don't get it. are you saying that the box plan provided will be relatively 94db out to a 80hz or so roll-off? or for that matter that a F8-X1-08 will be 93db till roll off in the rec. 60L. sealed box because that's not what their plot is showing in the plot of it in a 60L. sealed box dotted line, see pdf brochure SEAS Exotic X1-08, F8, 8 ohm, 8" Full Range Driver from Madisound

are you saying that the box plan provided will be relatively 94db out to a 80hz or so roll-off?

No.

What I am saying is that above bafflestep you will have a 94dB speaker. Then as wavelength increases with decreasing frequency, the baffle width starts to become insignificant with respect to the wave.

Due to this you get a 'step' (more like a 'slope' in reality because the transition isn't instant) occurring, where you lose 6dB of output as the radiation of sound goes from hemispherical to radiating in a complete sphere.

To compensate for this you pad down the highs. The reality is that a 94dB loudspeaker, measured on an infinite baffle, will end up being an 88dB speaker.

At a guess the dotted line SEAS draws represents a real world sensitivity, after baffle step has been compensated for. (You don't typically need 6dB, this figure depends on room placement and to a lesser degree drive unit itself) So really you're going to end up with a ~91dB loudspeaker.

Usually SEAS overlays the dotted line above the bafflestep transition. But from looking at several data sheets it appears that the placement is sometimes done at random.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.