Royd Coniston Speakers...Worth a Buy Cheap??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
I have joined the forum in the hope that someone can help me.

I am aware of the reputation of Royd Speakers and have the chance to buy some Royd Conistons for around £15.....or £25 with some foundation stands.

They have not been looked after very well but everything is intact and the drivers need a careful clean up.

There is not much about them on the net but I am aware of how good people think the minstrels and other speakers in the range are.

Are these worth a buy as I cant afford much at the moment and just to give some background I love speakers and bought some mint Celestion 3s and Wharfedale diamond 4s this week for £8 all in which is a bargain. I am only running a Marantz 7300 cd and 7200 amp which arent too bad ( and some disco speakers gemini which will upset the purists)

Are the royds worth a listen or are they too early as a 1984? model

Regards

Thanks very much.
Yes they are in a local computer games/pawn shop and I can take them back if they dont work.

The drivers are very dusty and the foams are flaking. They dont look as if they have been cherished which is a worry.

It would be a project to tidy them up a bit. Very carefully on the main drivers.

Yes thanks. I am very grateful for your input and hope that someone can tell me if they had an accurate sweet sound.

I would love a pair of minstels or doublets but havent the money when they come up on ebay.

So if anyone has a pair of Royd Conistons or used to own them I would be glad to hear from you.

My Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.