Plugin to help with xover point + attenuation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I usually don't use any plugins since they all to me cause trouble more than they help. Having said that i think i could use one to help me figure out attenuation of my tweeter.

I am looking for a plugin that unlike an EQ only has a single frequency and a dB slider, if i knew what you would call that, i'd google it.
It would let me set the frequency to say 3500Hz which is my current xover point, and drop everything above 3500Hz up to say -12dB. I;d like to get an idea if i want a simple attenuation or if i want to attenuate after moving the xover point.
The coarse steps of EQs don't seem practical, especially if i am not sure how wide or narrow they affect the frequencies and if they stop well below 20khz. (although they did give me the idea that i'm on the right track, they are just not suitable to test my xover point moving idea)

If someone knows of any such plugin for winamp/foobar/mediamonkey/* you could make a audio geek a happy man today, so don't wait! ;)

Thanks,

Daniel

There's a linear phase eq vst in the free reaplugs package. You can draw in whatever curve you want.

Or there's sonalksis FreeG, which is just a fancy db slider, put it after your eq plugin.

There are several free effects chainer vst plugins to string it together if need be.

Should work with foobar's vst wrapper.

Thanks, interesting looking stuff, winamp gets a little unstable with the vst chainer, so i looked around and found a "250 band EQ" winamp plugin, which lets me draw a curve and then shift left to right.
Seems to be doing what i want.

Now i can start learning about quality cross over parts, even if i keep it at 3500, i may look at the parts it uses and see how different parts affect the overall result.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.