ultimate bass using 10" scanspeaks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi guys
i,m about to start a new project and its got me thinking about what would be the ultimate configuration for the bass drivers

the bass section of my project will use 2x ss 25w8565-01 per cab with a manger mounted on top of each bass cab in its own enclosure

im fairly set on copying the manger zerobox 103 design and have been tossing around some ideas with inertial , thanks paolo !!!

ive noticed a lot of comments on this forum about push push and push pull designs and there benefets
so its got me thinking

what is considered the best / ultimate configuration

push push -inverted or not polarity

push pull - """"""""""""""""""""""""

normal -- (both facing forward on baffle) 2x drivers sealed cab parralell conection

ob perhaps would 2x 10" be enough ?

regards sheafer

I have a sub using exactly those drivers you mention , but a ported box , cant remember the tuning / port length off-hand but I just used the standard values from WinISD program......works real well , goes very deep......
IIRC the TS specs for the driver are OK for ported or sealed but sealed was recommended......???

:)

hi all
the 25w8565 seems to model fine in either ported or sealed so i guess it comes down to personal preference

i do feel that sealed will provide better integration with the mangers though
hi brett
after playing around with the mangers on my last project the best crossover point to the bass driver/s seems to be between 200 hz to 300hz so this is where ill aim

i have noticed that crossover points from bass to manger below 250hz to 150hz will produce a more sterile sound where as 250 to say 350hz will give a warmer fuller sound

hi malcomb
hows things i must get around to see you soon and have a look at that gas line
works crazy at the moment and my wife has had me making sandpits for the kids on my day off so i just havent had the time to scratch myself

im still only using the 1 manger per cab but ive sold the eton,s and am going to try the scanspeaks i have instead

the etons were very good but are a little too dry for my taste
im hoping the scan sp 25w will add a little more warmth

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.