strange mesured dips

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Taco said:
It could be standing waves in the cabinet which are transmitted through the "thin" speaker diaphragm. The length for a 1/2 wavelength at 155 Hz equates to appr. 1.1 m; 277 Hz is appr. 0.62 m.

What are your cabinet dimensions?
Hi Taco,

Usually standing waves are peaks, not dips...Furthermore my cabs are filled with partitions which allow the biggest internal dimension to be the box width it's to say 19cm (7.5"). I thought about some antiphase nuls but I cannot rely them to any of the inner nor outer dimensions...Precision: my cabs are ported, rear bottom firing vent.

Speaker on the right:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The squeleton:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Large wavelengths are not much hampered by your partitions (these compartments are still connected)

Did you sum the port output to these nearfield measurements? Did you use filtering or gating techniques other than the 1/24 octave smoothing?

Which resolution do you have in the measurements, i.e. <20 Hz. is needed for reliable measurement of the low frequency response.

Guys, I'm a newbie in measurements!

Taco:
No I didn't sum the port output ; no gating or filtering techs other than the needed gated length;
resolution<20Hz: what does that mean?

Phase_accurate:
some screen-shots, all made nier-field (1" from cone):

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.