Mystery loudspeakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
delsix said:
close up of tweeter

Hi there,

the white dome tweeter you have got is a german
"Isophon KK10".

The dome is made of phenol. I think the the design must be
from late 70's. Later on it was replaced by model "KK10 neu"
which had a textile dome.

Both tweeters where very common in German DIY scene at their
time and also used in commercial designs as Isophon is an
OEM Manufacturer too.

Concernerning sonic quality KK10 was "OK" but there are much
better tweeters around nowadays ...

Kind Regards

I think you may well be right, the crossovers are Falcon Acoustics model PCB3A.

I've had one of the kef b139 units out and found that the main cabinet is a transmission line :D. So I'm now thinking that a pair of transmission line subs would be a good start.

A couple of questions,
is it possible to mend the peerless midrange drivers? Apart from the surrounds, which have completely withered, they appear in pretty good condition.
Also, can someone recommend suitable (I mean cheap here) replacement tweeters

Hi, way late response lol, but just joined and saw this post. I have original NM1s from mid 1970s and had them in my garage here in Florida for 20 years. I dug them out recently. The mid rage speakers were shot but all else looked fine. I was able to purchase replacement Peerless speakers from a Canadian source at an excellent price and apart from the foam fronts and tops (which were a pile of sticky black goo on the floor) everything worked fine.

I wondered if anyone here had tips on replacing the foam fronts and tops?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.