Yorkville Unity - Listening Height

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Guys

I have a pair of Yorkville Unity Horns, currently on the floor in my listening space.

http://www.yorkville.com/products.asp?type=29&cat=38&id=254

I'd like to either diy or buy some stands for them to get them up to the best height, assuming I'm seated at my couch (puts my ears at ~40"). I had read that you want ear level at the point between the woofer and the horn. For the Yorkvilles this would make the height of the stands ~23-24" as the midpoint between the woofer and the horn section is 16.5" from the ground.

Does this logic sound reasonable?

Thanks in advance, guys!

Jim

Personally, I listen with my ears level with the midpoint of the horn (i.e. right on the tweeter axis). IMHO this seems most natural, as it puts you in the most even response location. If you are much below or above, the power response will be brighter than the direct sound. I guess this may be a good thing depending on your environment, though.

I appreciate the input guys. My thinking with the halfway between the horn section and the woofer was based on a comment made by Earl Geddes regarding his speakers, which, I see some similarity with the Unitys.

Dave, the first thing I did was remove the grills!

Jim

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.