Sonus Faber Cremona Clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

Pedro :

One more PT diy'er here, i am not going to write in portuguese or i'll risk myself getting a spanish insult like you did.
Saw your webpage...nice. I dont have projects of my own though, i just copy the ones that those brilliant audio engineers do...that way i wont be disapointed.

About you Cremona project....i just want to say : you seem to look at it from a far TOO GOOD prespective ???

- 700EUR for the drivers - seems OK.
- 300EUR more for both cabinets and xover's ??? Where are you going to buy good caps and inductors plus build the cabinet (probably one of the most complicated cabinets i have ever saw)?
Feira da Ladra perhaps ?? I am not being sarcastic....but i find it hard to believe. :)

And another thing about the cabinet...the "alaúde" (dont know the word in ENG) shape is specially designed not only for "glamour" but for sonic performance !! If you build a square box inside the cabinet and cover it with rips of wood....you will destroy the speakers sound....

I am telling you...i am curious to see the plans you are making of these Cremona...but take my advice...speaker design is not only the outside that matters....

Cheers,

F.T.SA

Hi purist!

One more portuguese Diy'er!:) :) :) :)
That's because of the "Feira da Ladra" term!
For the other guys, this mean a fair where you can buy all you want! Yes, and at very low prices. But, are the goods fresh new?
;) Of course not!;)

Apart of this, there is the project status:

TRYING TO HAVE A PROTOTYPE!!
I'm making a lillte box just like this:

5 pieces of 3mm MDF glued eatch other using inside bracing.
I've started it yesterday and I haven't see what happen.

Tomorrow I'll come here with some pics of my ART!
About the 300Eur for the box and xover components,...
Maybe 3 times more :(

'till tomorrow

Pedro Martins

Clone project

Hi there,

Nice to see you are deeply in to it !
I am starting my own project too....copying someone else of course . :) :)
I am sourcing for parts to build a pair of Proac Response 2.5 .
Its sure thing because lots of ppl have built them and are happy with them... and i have a pair of Response 2s and i just love them.

So....if you have some suppliers of caps and inductors i would apreciate !

Cheers,

F.T.SA

Hi all!!

Here are the first drawing:
(easy understandable, I think)

:cannotbe: Prototype :cannotbe:
Suggestions??

Pedro Martins

Attachments

• cremona.gif
    cremona.gif
    15.6 KB · Views: 1,649
Hi all

Ainda existe a feira da Ladra?

The Feira still exists? It's hard to believe, but these days the
stuff is probably like here in States, only gadgets....Oh I hate
gadgts!....................................................................................

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.