Driver Spec on TEAC Satelites?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, just to have some sound i picked up some $50 speakers at overstock.com the TEAC bookshelf pair turns out to be 2 of 4 satelites of a 5.1 system.
I was not too happy with low end, so i finally worked on getting the woofer out, at 8ohm, it had a 100uF cap in line on it's + side, should cut off at 200Hz.
The Tweeter has a 2.2uF cap in line for a cut off around 12kHz.

I took the cap off the woofer and it does go lower, not enough to miss my .1, but 2.0 setup is more wife friendly.... ;)

Ok before i order parts and stick to the 12kHz cut off freq, i would like to find out if anyone knows the drivers in these speakers so i could see if i could shift the cutoff down.

Woofer: "Easttech C4554 8Ohm" (4" fibreglass look alike, similar to: http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/MCM-AUDIO-SELECT-55-1500-/55-1500 since they typed over the scanned documents from looks of it, i have no idea if it's more than a look alike)
Tweeter: "EAH C1508 6Ohm"

I can't locate their specs or frequency reponse graphs, easttech.com.tw i saw referenced in one google resut is a 404.

If i can't find out what they are capable of, i think i will replace the tweeters with some of known specifications and order coils and caps for a newer lower cut off frequency based on the new specs.

Oh and if you don't know anthing about either but know a good sounding kit that would do great with a Pop Pulse TA2024 amp and is not (much) more than $150, let me know too ;)

Thanks,

Daniel

Thanks, seems it makes people happy, maybe i need to ask for a router for Father's Day, so i can happily build cabinets too.
Still considering the $99 kit on parts-express.
Putting a cabinet together would be a lot easier than doing the whole woodshop bit ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.