Anybody know of a preexisting project with these parameters? / Good books?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey, I'm looking for a speaker set with these parameters:
Big woofer - 12" would be good, a midrange speaker, and a tweeter. Does anybody know of a site or something with a project like this in it? I just haven't been able to find anything with quite that set of features.

Also can anybody recommend a good book on speaker design? I don't need anything too crazy intense, just a good resource.
Thanks!

Let's keep it simple, and let me try to help if I can.

Those are not parameters.
That's a guess about what might sound good expressed in extremely general terms.
The problem is that the generality is so great that it has no real meaning.

You could have a 12" woofer in a box the size of a refrigerator or in a "bookshelf" sized box, both properly sized depending on the woofer's parameters - and your goals.

FYI, the size of the woofer does NOT in and of itself determine the "bass". For a given size box, a smaller woofer can and often does produce lower frequency bass, while the larger one might play marginally louder - which is usually unimportant.

Suggest you find Parts Express on-line and build a pre-fab design that they sell. That way you don't have to learn about speakers, you can just enjoy the mechanics of building and the the listening.

That would be easiest and best if you want a speaker that you can use and don't want to buy a commercial product, or learn how to DIY one yourself.

_-_-bear

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.