3way OB project with Peerless & Fountek drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
here`s my latest 3way OB loudspeaker project in a beautiful cabinet made by Bozidar Kroflic, from Celje, Slovenia. Since we both love the sound of dipoles, this is what we came up with. Photos were taken before I started to measure them and develop the crossover. The drivers are following:

tweeter - Fountek Neo CD 3.0 MB

midrange - Peerless HDS-134NOMEX

woofer - Peerless SLS-315

Cheers!

Miro

http://www.loudspeakers.we.bs/

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hello,

I made a similar loudspeaker
2 Peerless SLS 315
1 Peerless SDS 134 and I tested the Peerless HDS 152
1 Vifa DX25TG-05-04 and seas 27TFFC for rear tweeter.

rls90710.jpg
rls90711.jpg

My crossover frequency is 500Hz and 3kHz.

This is a response in non achenoïc conditions
repons11.jpg

A distortion curve

I tried the HDS 152 instead the SDS 134, the HDS was too much cleaner without life and didn't fit with the boomers.

I used the same inductor like you for the boomer 10mH // RC (for the 1.8kHz peak) followed by a RC and RLC to equalize the dipole peak.

This speaker sound very good for its price but you need an extra strong amplifier to drive correctly the 2 SLS315, the impedance is 3ohms @ 50Hz.

rls90712.jpg

:)

You should try the dipole tweeter, you shouldn't do it anymore without this.

Yes they sound very good but the amplification needs to be strong if you want an airy sound and a huge soundstage.

In this case the panel did not resonate because there is two small panels reinforcement in the back, it's very efficient. The panel is very rigid. But in this case the shape is not optimum and the wood wasn't very good because the density was not enough. I think the rigidity of the panel is very important. I notice the wood must be good (good density and good hardness). You should a good architecture of the panel, some reinforcements or a thick panel etc. And you should avoid mass air load causing resonance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.