something to finish mdf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi domtw, thats another story, I have started a thread about my horns in the fullrange section, its the Scalford horn. At present I just would like some info on what I can use to seal the mdf. I will post pics when the front baffle has been changed from the rough piece of mdf to something a bit nicer to look at. oh go on then have a look.

Attachments

• copy of dsc00185.jpg
    copy of dsc00185.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 382
I'm not sure what you mean about the mdf being bent. If you are refering to the baffle that the driver is fixed to its not bent, it may out of square but is only temporary. The new baffle will cover the port opening and be made of hardwood. the picture was taken with a mobile phone and has been reduced due to the limited size allowed on this forum. The mdf I was talking about sealing will be on the back of the cabinet to increase its thickness

For the bent panel, we were talking about MJL21193's speaker...

So you want to add one front panel in real wood in the front and, an MDF Panel, in the back, is that right ?

For the front panel will it close the port (under the driver) ?
What was this port for ? I thought back loaded horns didn't need one...

For the sealing, MJL21193's advise is good.

Or are you talking about the glued contact between the original panels and the new ones ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.