MLTL with B&C 10PS26 + Seas Tweeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have built a pair MLTL speakers with B&C 10PS26 and a pair Seas H1499-06 27TBCD/GB-DXT. (Long name!)
I have just started playing some music through them.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

They can realy play some serious bass. They sound very alive and has that solid "feel" to them, the different instruments has their own uniqe body and weight.

Some Hornresp data:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I just realised that i totaly forgot the reason I wanted to post here!!

I just want to ask about the MLTL alignment, and how to get a MLTL box optimized.
This is what i came up with after a couple hours of playing with Hornresp and looking at pictures of other MLTL speakers. I placed the driver where the natural cancelation of higher harmaonics was most obvious.

Any thoughts about this design? Any improvements??

Johannes.

With the size of you woofers

you will have plenty of bass but your midsection which is the most important and most sensitive range for listening is going to be dead I would definitely suggest some midrange speakers and have the tweeter to the inside for the bass is going over power them to the listen point . If you can afford these http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=8176 would be a good choice .

but your midsection which is the most important and most sensitive range for listening is going to be dead

These 10 inch drivers are midbass/midrange drivers. They have a wonderfull midrange. An Fs of 54 Hz and a Qts of 0,29 is the reason for the MLTL. A normal BR box will give quite poor basrespons.
They have a lot of the qualitys of fullrangedrivers in the midrange. A light papercone, high BL, low Qts and high efficiency.

Im sorry if my question is not that clear. I hate writing technical stuff in english. Its the MLTL and its tuning i want to ask about.
The B&C driver and Seas tweeter works very well together. They are active XOd at 2200 Hz Lowpass 6 dB/octave and 4200 Hz Highpass 6 dB/octave. The tweeter has 1,7 dB damping and a couple of dB of Eq to counter the waveguide/CD-horn.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.