Parameters for turbosound driver / alternative

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm trying to get the thiele small parameters (specifically Bl, Mms, Fs and also voice coil diameter) for the midrange driver in the old Turbosound tfl670 (floodlight). I have the chance to buy a pair of the horns, with axeheads, with these drivers and the low mid drivers removed (used as spares by a PA company I understand). Hence I would have to come up with 2 new high mid and 2 new low mid drivers. Whether they are even available now I am not sure, and doubt. Certainly they are above my price range, looking at how much they used to go for.

What I would like to do is convert some standard speaker to use in these horns if its possible - I think that mechanically I could do this but how would it perform? I would like to be able to predict how well they would perform before going through the whole project in case its a total failure.

My main concern I think is whether the mass breakpoint of a different driver would curtail the response at too low a frequency. Hence if I can get some figures for the old speakers I can hopefully predict how well they would work.

Unlikely that anyone has this information I realize, but comments would be much appreciated. Also if anyone could suggest replacements for these 6.5 inch drivers I would be very interested to hear these ideas.

Thanks, Pete

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.