Isn't there any 3d audio simulation software out yet??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
tritosine said:
once i read that hybrid techniques like this will be usable in realtime when graphics cards reach 2tflops and 1 gigabyte of memory ;)

JinMTVT said:

last time i checked, we passed that mark quite a bit ago???? :D
Well, even with that, it really takes quite a while to compute the results. Like a few hours to a day depending one room size and complexity.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
JinMTVT said:
http://www.cara.de/ENU/CARA/index.html
i'll definitly look it all
and if it is even interesting, i'll purchase it
80$ is ridiculous if it does even half of what is advertise

It does more than advertised. =) I can't believe they sell it for the price they do. I have not found 1/2 of all the settings yet.

It is meant for room simulation and speaker placement, tho. It's not speaker designer software.
Still, it allows you to do a pretty good model of your speaker if it's not in the library. It is important to have a good model of your speaker(s) so that the reflections can be calculated properly.

Can be fun to see the modeled differences that speaker placement and angle bring.

Pano: good to hear about a user :)

so should we buy this software?
seriously..can't be a bad investment at that price

how "extensive" is the speakder modeling options?
would it allow very tall arrays ? OB ? IB ?

how would you rate it's usefullness for room prep and design ?

if it does more than what it advertised...one may only need to find a very good loudspeaker 3d design software and use both

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.