tannoy enthusiast

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I have joined the Tannoy yahoo group but don't know how to find any discussion going on or any forum. When I visit the site it greets me by name but thats it, there are no posts to look at. I have clicked on anything thats clickable but no luck. I tried emailing the group but have had no response. What am I doing wrong.

I joined Yahoo Tannoy group.
Before I joined I had minimal spam 1 to 6 a day.

About three weeks after joining I was getting over 50 spam a day.
Rising to 80 a day when that rogue isp was shut down a few weeks back.

Leaving yahoo did not stop the spam, the damage was done.

I suspect the spammers have found a way to access the addresses in yahoo, but yahoo refuse to acknowledge they have a problem.

I've been on the Yahoo Tannoy group for years and never saw an increase in the amount of spam.

To the OP, did you try clicking on messages?

Just about any question you have was probably covered already, so I would advise using the search feature first, it works very well.

Tannoy enthusiast

I really can't get into the yahoo site. On the left hand side of the page under 'members only' where messages,post,files etc are listed will not open. Hovering the mouse over messages I don't get the little hand with the pointing finger that opens stuff. Trying the search feature cycles through and returns to the same page where nothing can be opened. Previously I opened 'join now' and completed and complied with all requests which appears to be OK because the page opens and greets me by name but thats it. Can't get any further and its frustrating.

Hi Face
It was over a month ago I attempted to join.
I have a pair of Lancaster cabs with 15" monitor golds which sound dull and uninvolving. I am busy rebuilding the crossover as I found some of the inductors way off value. Also doing away with the switching. While the speakers are stripped I thought of somehow improving them and its for this reason I wanted to get onto a forum just to pick up on general consensus for a good cab. What I do to the Lancaster will be a temporary measure, with a complete new build once I am happy with results.
I thought of extending the bottom of the cab to get the speaker up to ear height and possibly porting it at the same time. Good or bad idea, how much extra volume, sealed or ported, what size port, how much stuffing etc.

are both drivers operating in the dual concentric?

raising the box above the floor does reduce the "boom" that affects male voice.

Going to vented suits these drivers, read up on it. Big boxes seem to perform a lot better.
I built a 100l for hpd (copy of Berkley) and used it for years. The 200l Arden sounds much better.
There is a website describing the build of a 300l box and he loves it.

Hi Charles,

I agree with DonM, you should be able to access the Yahoo Tannoy group messages at: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/tannoy/messages
As a Tannoy owner, it's a great group for you to follow, and of course you can have the messages forwarded to you as e-mail. I rarely receive spam from this group and Hans Hilberink, the group moderator is very quick to stamp on it. Could your problems with this site be a browser issue?

AndrewT is correct in pointing you at: http://www.44bx.com/tannoy/ for a huge amount of information about Tannoy, including some diy advice. From memory, this site is more about the history and development of the Tannoy Dual Concentric driver, although Peter Campbell's seminal article on improving the performance of the Monitor Gold is surely everybody's starting point. It can be found here: http://www.44bx.com/tannoy/mods.html

Another good source of information is Hans Hilberink's site: http://www.hilberink.nl/speaker There is a wealth of historical and diy information there. This site should give you a few ideas where to go with your 15" MG's.

Good luck.
Regards, Ian

Hi gentlemen,

Thanks for the links, I have seen some of them.
I went back and tried to rejoin the yahoo group and at the bottom of that page atext has to be entered into a box, this to protect against automated registration.
Well no text appears whereby yahoo informs me to reset the images option on my browser. How do I do this ?

Regards
Charles

Well no text appears whereby yahoo informs me to reset the images option on my browser. How do I do this ?

On Firefox, the option is 'to load images automatically' under Tools>Options>Content

On Internet Explorer, I believe it's under Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Multimedia>Show Pictures

Or it could be a javascript thing possibly.

Hope this helps.

Ian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.