Help with speaker project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi:
I have this pair of locally made 6 inch (well 6.5 inch) mid drivers. Specs: Fs = 63.5004hz, Vas = 15.6353lt, Qts = 0.2087 Freq response approx 53 to 21000 hts.
I've built a pair of "Bigger is Better" single driver speakers using Fostex FE167e which are amazing. But i don't want to build another pair. I have a Fostex super tweeter and an attentuator an various caps to sort it out so I can make whatever.
Can you guys help with some ideas? I have Bob Brines FT1600 plans, but these speakers wont suit the specs. I have Martin Kings dimensions for a pipe. I have lots of Transmissionline plans...that could be adapted......
But any directions I should be looking due to these unusual driver specs?
Thanks and Regards: Dave

Sounds like you should be over on the fullrange forum;
Have a look at Henkjans calculator in this thread and see if this driver is suitable for TL:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=139678

although with such low Qts I don't think you're going to get much bass out of them, probably best as a mid-only drivers.
Combine them with something like the Jaycar 8" for a cheap fullrange + bass 2-way.
What brand & model are the drivers?

You might find the discussion on this thread relevant too:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41179&pagenumber=1

Thanks PeteMck: I've also posted similar note over on the FullRange section. I'll follow-up you lead. These drivers were made by Boyce at Total Recoil. They have these huge magnets on them and are a beautiful looking thing...but whether i can get them to work as a full rnage or not, I don't know. They will make a very good mid range in a 3 way set up...just need a woofer and a tweeter around the same sensitivity = or approx 94.5dB, a great crossover design and a great 3 way TL box design.....I have the timber and the the glue ready! But finding appropriate designs when you start this way is not easy...hence my question for any ideas of cabinet and speaker designs that might work. I am not totally committed to single driver boxes....I am prepared to experiment!
Rgds: dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.