SoundEasy Tutorial Thread/Posts - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th February 2009, 08:30 PM   #1
FSHZ:42 is offline FSHZ:42  United States
diyAudio Member

Default SoundEasy Tutorial Thread/Posts

I have been thinking about an easier, simplified solution, of getting information to people, less skilled with Sound Easy, that would be interested in getting questions answered, which would be covered here in this post. I know that there is a SE group on yahoo that covers this, but I believe a better approach would be to begin here with a basic starting point that would continue up the ladder to the more advanced techniques that could be shared by the more knowledgeable people. It could also be used as a reference to the yahoo group for those just beginning. For example; a newbie asks a question about how to properly install the program for the first time using the dongle driver with security key. Someone could then tell him to refer to post xx here in this post of diyaudio. That being said, could I get a second motion?

Thanks,

Emile
Old 26th February 2009, 10:09 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

2nd.

Would a subforum dedicated to loudspaker simulation and measurement software be in order?
Old 26th February 2009, 11:07 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi ultrachrome, and thanks for the 2nd motion! Could you clarify in a little more detail about a sub forum being in order? I sort of understand what you mean, but not fully. I would like to start from the installing the SE program from the beginning set-ups and then gradually move up the ladder. I also think that it should be done in a simplified way that anyone who is a beginner/novice could understand. Not everyone that has a copy of SE has a master's degree in electronics. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Emile
Old 26th February 2009, 11:24 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

It just seems that discussions involving simulation and measurement are lost in the sea of typical loudspeaker posts (what woofer, what box, and my build). Obviously a lot of folks are using software but I hate to hijack a thread to discuss simulation or measurement methods.

Tell me what angle you are coming from? Are you a seasoned SE user or a beginner? I'm on the beginner side. I've become adequately adept with T/S and impedance measurement and am now trying to learn the CAD schematic editor.
Old 26th February 2009, 11:50 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ultrachrome
It just seems that discussions involving simulation and measurement are lost in the sea of typical loudspeaker posts (what woofer, what box, and my build). Obviously a lot of folks are using software but I hate to hijack a thread to discuss simulation or measurement methods.

Tell me what angle you are coming from? Are you a seasoned SE user or a beginner? I'm on the beginner side. I've become adequately adept with T/S and impedance measurement and am now trying to learn the CAD schematic editor.

Yes, I think that discussing simulation and measurements would be fine. Perhaps like you had mentioned about using sub-titles would be the way to go. Maybe like having the starting point of SE as titled Basic installs, in which this topic would cover what operating systems to use, as to which soundcards works the best, what equipment is recommended, how to install program, yada, yada, yada.
Old 27th February 2009, 12:37 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

I agree, gathering the threads about Sound Easy into one subforum would be great.

Check the thread "help measurin imp in soundeasy" closely.

While following that thread;

I've learned that inter-channel latency in a sound card will affect both impedance & phase plots in an impedance test, but only phase in an SPL test.

I also learned that my laptop's latency of about 330 ms is high, but works fine. I also found that some device on my laptop would grab the system about every 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. If I tried an MLS test during this period, I would get crazy results. I use a second hardware profile that turns everything not necessary to run Sound Easy off.

There's several other tid-bits in that post, and ravs is still hammering away at his problem with a couple of very experienced users helping him.

If there was a Sound Easy sub-forum, at least the various posts would be in one place...

The biggest problem with Bohdan's Yahoo Group, is the inability to place screen captures and other pics with your post.
Old 27th February 2009, 12:57 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lhwidget
I agree, gathering the threads about Sound Easy into one subforum would be great.

If there was a Sound Easy sub-forum, at least the various posts would be in one place...

The biggest problem with Bohdan's Yahoo Group, is the inability to place screen captures and other pics with your post.

Thanks lhwidget for the 3rd motion! Let's also remember that this forum will be getting updated shortly. From my understanding, it should have more capabilities that I would guess could be beneficial to this particular SE thread. So far the three of us agree that this would be a good idea. I am sure before long that others will step in and give their comments. This would also help newbies save a lot of time as well, and I'm sure others, more advanced, will benefit with topics/sub-titles/discussions also.

Hide this!Advertise here!