Passive Notch Filter for Eminence Alpha 15As

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am using a pair of these in an OB design and passively crossing around 900 Hz (2nd order BW) to one of Earls 15-inch WGs with compression driver.

I still hear a little coloration in the Alphas. Can anyone point me to a site or calculator as I want to try a passive notch to passively filter a pair of these (4 ohms) around 2 Khz as I think that is where the problem is.

http://www.usspeaker.com/ALPHA15-1.htm

Or should I just go 4th order passive to try to filter the 2 Khz peak?

Not sure what you have for BSC and what else you are using for open baffle correction (s/b active?) circuit wise, but painting in broad strokes...

If it were me and I wasn't going active or using a different woofer I'd use a biggish BSC inductor with notch for open baflle and another for the woofer breakup. Note the breakup is highly directional and probably gone at 45-60 deg off axis.

You could look at using an eliptical 3rd order LPF depending on the preceding inductor/filter used for the other corrections.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.