LF driver on side versus front

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
what are the adv/disadv of having the bass driver on the side of the cabinet vs the front?

how do i work out the sensitivity required for a driver on the side if my HF and mids are at 96db?

does the diver on the side do away with the BSC requirement?

I am looking for a driver to go well with a Radian 8" coaxial. Probably either use a sealed cabinet for the Radian... or even just do an OB.. or vented... i guess i do not know yet what would work better.

Nice taught bass, good impulse response etc and low THD are all qualities i am looking for. size not really that important being on side.

Thanks!

AudioGeek said:
what are the adv/disadv of having the bass driver on the side of the cabinet vs the front?
It depends on the cut off frequency and room placement among other things.

how do i work out the sensitivity required for a driver on the side if my HF and mids are at 96db?[/B]

Consider buying a plate amp for the woofer.

does the diver on the side do away with the BSC requirement?[/B]

It does if you have a powered woofer.

I am looking for a driver to go well with a Radian 8" coaxial. Probably either use a sealed cabinet for the Radian... or even just do an OB.. or vented... i guess i do not know yet what would work better.[/B]

I like the OB idea if you can stand a baffle size that will give you 100Hz. Either that or maybe two boxes in one to keep the drivers separate and high pass the Radian at 100 Hz. That's the sort of thing I have done.

Nice taught bass, good impulse response etc and low THD are all qualities i am looking for. size not really that important being on side.[/B]

That's what we are all looking for. How much do you to spend?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.