anyone upgrade their SoundEasy?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I initiated a paypal transaction per Bodhan's instructions ($25 + serial num) on Jan 14. I haven't yet received the upgrade and multiple attempts to contact him via email and posting on his yahoo groups site have led to no response.

I've scoured my spam folder to no avail and I have 11 more days left to dispute the charge with paypal.

It's especially frustrating due to the fact that when I emailed him on Jan 13 asking him how to procure an upgrade, he responded within hours.

I saw he last posted on his yahoo groups site on Feb 9 and I posted an hour later letting him know I have been trying to contact him. He has not posted since.

Any advice from those who've had successful interactions with SoundEasy directly?

Thanks.

I have never had any problems with upgrade, and I have probably had 9-10 of them since version 4.

One thing to be aware of is that Bohdan's ISP appears to be very agressive with blocking email domains that have an association with SPAM. For example, I work for a very large and well known company and my corporate email was being blocked at his ISP.

One other thing to consider is that many of the email services block emails with executable attachments. I have to use a different email account than my hotmail or work accounts as they don't even let the emails get to me with the upgrades in them. They don't show up at all in my email, spam folder or otherwise.

I would try posting again on the user group as well as trying to email him from a different account.

Regards,

Dennis

Finally caught up with Bohdan the other day on his yahoo group.

He apparently emailed me the upgrade weeks ago while I was expecting a CD to show up in my mail box. Because I gave him my Gmail address, Gmail promptly discarded the message due to it containing a zipped executable which they don't allow.

In other words, emails containing executables or zipped executables are deleted rather than directed to the spam folder.

I gave him my yahoo account and the V15 software showed up a day later.

I'm happy to have the software but a little disappointed my several emails went unanswered.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.