Solar powered traveling speakers? has it been done?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I was looking at one o those windup radios the other day and thinking that i mite get one for next time i go traveling.... but then i thought that there isnt really any need... the sort of places im planing to go (india, thialand etc) dont really have that great radio.

It got me thinking that really those windup radios should have an imput to use them as an amp for your walkman.

My walkman lasts about 20 hours on one AA battery, so thats not to much of a worries, and i already have a small solar charger that charges one aa bat at a time. But if i stick a pair of little speaks on my walk man im luck if i get an hours tunes...

So ive done a bit more searching and i see you can now get 2 AA (or even 2 c) battery chargers, ready made for around $20.

What i was thinking is if you can get a couple of those, mix it with some of those decent mini speakers that are powered by 4AA bats and dont kill your walkman, then i would be sorted for tunes and able to have yet another dirt cheap holiday.

I was just wondering if any of you have any ideas on the logistics of this, or know if this has been done before?

I have no electronic knowledge, but for this project i would be happy to learn.

Ideas and comments welcomed.

cheers

Liam

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.