Tweeter Max Spl

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
the dynaudio report indicates 6khz for 1/2ms, right? What is the average length of a high frequency transient? What is the frequency range they occur in? What area, for the tweeter, will this most matter? I'm not sure that, until I have some answers to those questions, the Dynaudio test is very conclusive.

This makes me want to extract some movie soundtracks as well as music files and look at them on spectralab, making watefall plots. I haven't looked to see if that software can calculate things like length of a transient peak very easily. Other software I use in my own field could easily do so if the numbers could be exported into something like a text document with x,y,z. I could even calculate the percentage of the total performance they take up, the amount of energy in a given range, etc. These would probably be better, though not conclusive, ways to look at it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.