15" Stromberg Carlson Custom 400 specs? Info?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just picked up a 15" Stromberg Carlson Custom 400 wide range speaker. It appears to be a coax and there is a capacitor mounted to the frame near the spider. there is also a plug on the side that i would bet is for an attenuator but i did not get that part.

Anyone have any info on these or websites?? I couldn't find much on Google.

Man i wish i had a pair of these! They are very cool!

I need to figure out the wiring of the HF unit and the plug on the side and what not...

I Finally found some info!!! This is a 1950's S-C Model RF-465 speaker. the number stamped on the cone I believe indicates 1955. I found a brochure from 57 that has this speaker listed with the following info:

15" Speaker Model RF-465
The "Omega M" Speaker is our supreme offering to you who know quality when you hear it...and are not immune to a bargain when you see it. Advanced engineering has gone into the perfection of this wonder of hi-fi, enabling Stromberg-Carlson to produce a superior high-fidelity speaker below the cost...but above the performance of competition.

General Specifications
True coaxial speaker system with "Omega M-Voice Ring" horn loaded 2-1/2" Tweeter and separate 15" low frequency woofer...Moisture resistant cone...Frequency Response; 30 to 20,000cps...Power-Handling capacity: 35 watts of program material...Better than 90 degrees angle of coverage...Brilliance control provides variable control of high-frequency response. Engineered to match perfectly any type of enclosure suitable for use with a 15" speaker. Total magnetic flux at voice-coils is 20,000 gauss. Medium efficiency but extreme range.

http://www.audiophool.cjb.net/Misc/stromberg_57.djvu

Stromberg Carlson Tweeters

Can someone help me with these Stromberg Carlson 5"x3" Tweeters.
I own an Alnico red cone 3" round pair which is entirely different.
These have black cone + tiny magnets, 5/8" round diameter + about 7/8"
deep.

I would appreciate any information.

Thank you

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.