Peavey VSX-26 Digital Loudspeaker Management 3-In/6-Out - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th February 2009, 04:31 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Peavey VSX-26 Digital Loudspeaker Management 3-In/6-Out

Are there anyone here who have experience with Peavey VSX-26 Digital Loudspeaker Management 3-In/6-Out?

Productdetails at Parts Express

It seems to be very similar to Behringer DCX2496 but maybe it has better sonic qualities and better build-quality?

Best regards

Gisle
Old 1st February 2010, 10:00 AM   #2
kepa1 is offline kepa1  France
diyAudio Member

Hello,

I'm wondering about it too since the VSX 48 is currently discounted. Would it be an upgrade from the DCX, apart from the 4 ins 8 outs?
Old 28th March 2010, 08:57 PM   #3
jm_kzo is offline jm_kzo  France
diyAudio Member

I am as well looking for an alternative to the DCX (same price bracket) for bass management and equalisation of a 2.1 system...

Seems that we have questions, but not many have answers ...

I wonder why so little tried the VSX, I read (here) that it sounded better than the DCX... It seems as well that it does not surrender so easily with regards to CPU (a lot say that you can often max out the DCX with a few filters).

It might be worth trying our luck here : PSW Sound Reinforcement Forums: Product Reviews: Sound Reinforcement => Peavey VSX26 Review

Well, I will follow this topic anyway, so please post your findings and progress guys .

Thanks.
Old 27th March 2013, 08:18 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

There are very mixed reviews on both the Peavey VSX26 and the Behringer DCX2496.

Anyone else got experience with either of these?
Personally, i'm interested in finding a good digital crossover for use in a 3 way DIY speaker with my 6 channel Dared tube amp (tri-amping each speaker).

It seems there are more users of the Behringer and so there are modding tutorials/sites about. Getting a used model and modding it might give better results than most new crossovers out there, at least at about the same cost.

Hide this!Advertise here!