scanspeak 15w4530-02

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am not sure; I would love a description of their model number scheme.

But I am pretty sure that the -02 refers to the motor/magnet: in particular it has a second "bucking magnet" on the back. One guy installed these in a car door panel and knocked the second magnet off to make it fit. I think the second magnet improves sound and shielding, but is "optional".

I would also expect the paper cone to be "coated" which measures better but may collect dust over time.

I believe that scanspeak has two magnet diameters and I think this is the bigger one.

I suspect that they all sound similar and great. They are my favorite mid-range.

thanks benchtester!
Quote"I would love a description of their model number scheme"
Yes! Anybody?

All sounds plausible; will check when they arrive (big double magnet?)
And yes, I think they will sound ok, after all they are 15w revelators...
But I need more info on the T/S parameters so I can design box/filter.

found datasheets
seems like they where specially made by scanspeak for high-end caraudio like xetec prestige P6
But the found datasheets are not the same!
xetec(not naming the exact typenumber, but some owners say the right number);
Re=3,54
Fs=43,6
Qms=2,49
Qes=0,61
Qts=0,50
Bl=4,46
Mmd=12,50
Vas=13,5
Le=0,26
Sd=98
Other datasheet (unknown origin, but naming the exact typenumber)
Re=3,4
Fs=32
Qms=5,23
Qes=0,44
Qts=0,406
Mmd=10,88
Vas=28
Sd=95

Ok what to think????????
The unknown datasheet looks a lot like the 15w8530k01 (being a 8ohm variant?)

My opinion concern these datasheets is no better than throwing a dart.

I would expect that if the drivers are labeled 15w4530-02; then it is close to the standard data sheets. In particular the 5th character "5" is often used in standard models. Scanspeak has data sheets on the www.tymphany.com website with an "8" in the 5th position, which they call OEM.

I suspect that Scanspeak make all sort of drivers for OEMs with all kinds of parameters. But they would have to use a unique model number.

http://www.tymphany.com/files/products/pdf/15W_4531G00.pdf

This datasheet is a standard model. I think it has the same diameter magnet, but only one magnet. It would be plain paper not coated. But I think it is close enough to use, until you find out if you have a standard or OEM driver. (Again, the QTS maybe stated low, which pleases me since I like sealed cabinets.)

BTY the G is probably a fiberglass coil former and K is a Kaptan former, and I doubt that makes much difference to system design.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Just realised that this xo is all it takes :)

Attachments

• 15w.jpg
    15w.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 256
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.