push-pull design - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th March 2009, 05:26 AM   #31
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by nukaidee
no point making the port half the size i want my box to be right? and the bigger the port.. the longer the tube and .. yeah. doesn't work.
A tube port of any size is not always practical especially in smaller enclosures but that doesn't mean porting can't be done using, for example, a slotted port built into the cabinet's internal structure.

These ports are usually the same width as the front or rear baffle, tuning is done by varying the height of the slot and the thickness of the baffle and size of internal braces provide depth. Many high-end bookshelf kits use such ports and more than a few large speakers as well. It's too costly for mass-produced cabinets but not much more work for DIY'ers, and it makes for a studier box.
Old 9th May 2009, 09:18 AM   #32
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by nukaidee
umm.. then how does the sound come out? its just like placing the drivers facing each other, wont that muffle everything? from what I am reading here, there are many ways to mount it. http://www.audiogearreviews.com/tech...n/isobaric.asp

and I'm guessing that isobaric only works for subwoofers and not particularly good for the high ends.. maybe I will mount my subs like this and use a stand alone tweeter.. usually tweeters don't need a big volume right? maybe I can just place one on top like something sticking out?
I built my first succesful iso (clamshell design)
I am using 2 MTX 5500 12" subs in a 3.5 cubic sealed box
Win isd comes back with "down 9.75 db 20-100 hz"
I mounted the drivers on top of the cabinet and put it in in cornor .
It goes real good !

Hide this!Advertise here!