Volume (size) Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Actually I meant it as one driver with the magnet facing out and one with the magnet facing in but mounted on top of eachother in push-pull mode. A search on the internet seems that's not what everybody understands by coupled cavities however. Some seem to think it's another word for a bandpass cabinet, probably because some of the most successfull bandpass cabinets used (what I understand with) coupled cavity connected drivers inside the box.

Is it like this....an Isobaric Push-Pull?
_______________________________________________Rick......

Attachments

• pushpull.jpg
    pushpull.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 54
The Isobaric Push-Pull relies on a small 'chamber' of air to work correctly. The drivers in this configuration run the same way, as one goes in the other goes out.
As I illustrate here..Both drivers would have to go "out" at the same time. As a result you might very well be on to something as the drivers may cancell out some non-linearities (Shape of the cone)
Yes of course you will have to 'seal off' your mid-ranges...don't want the pressures inside to 'excite' the mid-range cone.
With this illustration you will have to double the assigned volumes.
Check your numbers again as it sounds like your numbers are WAY too small.
A 12" woofer should get at least 1,1/2 cu. Ft.
_________________________________________Rick.........

Attachments

• ppp.jpg
    ppp.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 59
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.