ATD italy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Capriccio Continuo ...

ATD and Capriccio Continuo…

ATD ( Audio Transducer Design )
was founded in Italy in 1981 with the aim of manufacturing high-end drive units and speaker systems .
Some of the best High-End brands are using our drive units or having the complete speaker systems made at our premises .
We have developped a series of bespoke technologies; “Hypergraph K” & “Ariacell Gti cones” , “Transfert 0” crossovers and AST ( Aero Striction Tweeters ).

Capriccio Continuo... was introduced roughly 10 years later ,mainly for our own personal pleasure, to show our “vision” on musical reproduction (and as an application of some of our technologies).

I believe that ATD made the Veravox drivers? Is that true? There was a link between them anyway, or maybe a main distributor?

I have an ATD sticker on my Veravox 3X I bought from Solen.ca
ATD apparently made drivers for speakers selling for several thousand dollars. I even read messages people prefered the Veravox 5X. The 3X from what I read is being sold as the Omnes Audio BB3AL (from Germany). I also read that it is somewhat comparable to the Fostex FF85K (which is well-regarded).

(If you click on "find more posts", you'll find I posted a link to the Veravox 3 pdf file. Solen.ca told me that the 3 has the same specs as the 3X.)

Anyway, I sent Capriccio Continuo an email asking them which brands they make drivers for. You never know, they might be quality, affordable speakers.

Yeah, Omnes Audio bought the design to the Veravox 3, and made the BB3.AL (I had a pair).
The original Veravox 3 was supposed to be very good, which Is why I bought a pair of the BB3.Al for around ~20Euro/ea but they dont seem to be available anymore, could be down the the production costs of the neo magnet.

Omnes Audio BB3.AL by hoopsontoast, on Flickr

My old Veravox 5S were just labeled that-

Veravox 5s Fullrange Driver Rear by hoopsontoast, on Flickr

Well, they still had 14 Veravox 3X drivers on the solen.ca website the last time I looked. However, they don't have any holes to mount them.

Just for the fun of it, I'll post information I got. I sent a question to the info email on the http://www.capricciocontinuo.com/ website and they confirmed they made the Veravox drivers. They said now 99% of their production goes to OEMs. And also that the Veravox 3X (Omnes Audio BB3AL) was made for tube amplifiers.

I was kind of tempted to ask them where I can find speakers that do use their drivers but didn't bother. I had read some positive comments on various Veravox models though.

Just got word that the Veravox 3X is shielded. I couldn't really understand the point of the last sentence of the message I got, but there MAY be a possibility that ATD will do a production run on Veravox speakers again. But, I'm really, really not sure of that and if/when this will happen and which models will be put into production.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.