Reconfiguration question for these

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm considering reconfiguring these as I'm kinda stuck with them for now. I'm thinking of moving the horn outside the box in a box extension on the side to allow the woofer horn more air.
The ports will be closed (or moved to the extension) and the chamber area smaller. They'll be running with tapped horns.
I'd rather kill the port completly to eliminate some phase issues coupling with the subs.

My other option is to extend the back of the cabinet, adding the small chamber and a 20 cm throat to couple to the existing lf horn and wrapping around the HF driver. The remaining area around the hf driver is about what a sim I did shows to increase the woofers upper range utilizing the existing cabinet. I.E. retrofit kit.

Thoughts?
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Moving the horn outside would require configuring left/right sets of boxes but that's ok if it makes a big difference. Kind of like a horn loaded version of the versarray. Figured I'd ask before beating my head into a wall again :headbash:

They're actually great convienient little boxes, but if I can improve them a little that would be nice. I have 12 total.
Load is Kappa12a (xover at 115) and PV22xt (xover at 1.2k).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.