Madisound RB in a BIB?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was looking at Madisound's Recession Buster kit and wondered if it would work in a BIB?

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/pr...com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=8525

It looks to me like a box that is 8.5X11.5X64.1 (inches) and a 26.5 inch z would work. I got these numbers using Zilla's calculator.

I'm not sure where the tweeter would mount, but it could be moved around for optimum positioning based on the listener's on axis position. I have no idea how to go about figuring BSC on this one, though.

Any ideas, good, bad, or indifferent???

Thanks,
Mike

GM

Joined 2003
That sure looks like a deal! WRT the BIB, I recommend going ahead and using T.C.'s original design height which changes the dims to:

height (in) 69.006
depth (in) 9.838
width (in) 6.957
A-B-C (in) 4.919
driver offset (in) 29.949
driver offset - sub (in) 59.898
driver height (in) 39.808
driver height - sub (in) 9.859

L (in) 138.013
Sm (in^2) 68.445
net Vb (ft^3) 2.73329

baffle thickness (in) 0.750
zdriver 0.217
zdriver - sub 0.434
Fs 48.78
Vas (ft^3) 0.3708
Qts 0.45
SoS (in/sec) 13464.54

All dims approximate and damp to suit. If you back it up against a wall it probably won't need any BSC.

Anyway, if you build BIBs, please post the actual size chosen, your thoughts on its performance, etc. and link to it on the huge BIB thread.

Assuming no test gear, hook up the tweeter and move it around the perimeter of the woofer's circumference till it's loudest on average at the highest frequencies across the 'sweet spot'.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.