Ashly XR-2001 question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In a tri-amp 4-way situation with powered subwoofers (not controlled by the Ashly), can the Ashly XR-2001 set the low and high x-over on the next lowest driver?

Do you just rely on the box tuning for the low end of the woofer and just set the top end x-over of the woofer? I can see where the mid would take over where the woofer was crossed at the top, likewise with the mid to tweeter, but I'm not sure about setting basically a bandpass for the woofer. Maybe tweak the sub x-over, or maybe it's just not that critical with the correct woofer box tuning?

Assuming of course that both the sub will operate up to the low end of the woofer and the woofer will likewise operate as low as the top end of the sub. It's just that the mid has basically a bandpass set up. The sub will only go so low, and the tweeter so high, but the woofer appears to rely on nothing but tuning for what will be the lower end of its bandpass.

Hope this makes some sense, or that it's a no-brainer and I'm over analyzing the whole deal.

Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.