crossover board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
what do you guys use for a crossover board?

not looking for anything permanent or fancy as this is true budget and the components would probably end up getting changed quite often.

i've looked at the boards from solen and madisound. though those seem to be 2way 6db or 12db which wouldn't work in this case.

Common pegboard, available at any building supply store, usually 1/4" (okay) or 1/8" (better) thick, already full of holes with regular spacing.

Andrew is correct that designing a xover is no easy task, but it's not impossible to get okay results with a lot of trials and testing and listening.

Peace,
Tom E

PeteMcK said:
Look at how this guy does it about 3/4 the way down his Artemis page:

http://home.versatel.nl/chiararomee/diy/indexeng.htm

Wow that guy should be doing this for a living if hes not already, those are as good or better looking then the originals. One way to make it easy to swap out components is to use peg board and ring connectors on the end of component wires. North Creek I think is where I saw this. I used brass waswhers, screws and nuts from Home Depot. You just stick the screws through the mack of peg board and lock all your connections on to them. Just be sure not to use any thing to permanent to glue components to board, you can use blue tack or some thing cheaper with similar adhesion. Wire ties will also fit through holes to secure inductors.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.