The construction of a multicell horn

I now have the first round of 10 photos and will be posting them back into the thread later today. A big thanks to our hero who saved these photos for us! :up:

LOL I'm not a hero. Here's what happened. We had a bad storm here. Utility poles were down for over a week. I needed my diyaudio fix, so I made a mug of coffee and drove to the local McDonalds. Being on a main road they had power AND internet. I didn't even have to go in, I sat in the truck and downloaded thread after thread. I could down load 4-5 hours of reading for the night in the time it took to drink my coffee.
I would spend the nights listening to the battery operated system I learned to build here and read the threads I downloaded.
Thank you for allowing me to give back.

I wonder if you can get DIYAudio patches?

I have them. I put them on my ears

Attachments

• rofl.gif
    rofl.gif
    17 KB · Views: 1,249
I would really appreciate a copy of the spreadsheet for making the template for the horn. The job was outstanding and I would be glad if mine turn out 1/2 as well. Please send a PM to me and I will respond right away. This forum never ceases to amaze me at the members creativity and enthusiasm in all things audio. Happy listening. Regards Nick

Thanks petter

Very nice horns you did, would you give out the measurements to cut out the wings?
Why did you not make the altec horn?
i myself have such horns and play them with Altec 802D, down to 500Hz, and below Tannoy Monitor Gold in Lancaster Cabinets provide the bass
Josef

Attachments

• P1180208.JPG
    P1180208.JPG
    432.5 KB · Views: 1,095
  • P1180206.JPG
    P1180206.JPG
    485.5 KB · Views: 1,054
Reactions: 1 user
Petter, your horn construction is incredible! I have always wanted multi cells, but
can't afford what they get for them on ebay. This would be a wonderful winter
project for me. Are all the specs contained in the pictures or do you have some
measurements that are needed. sure could use all the help I could get. rustirich