The construction of a multicell horn

multicell horn construction

I have been following the Beyond the Aerial thread very closely as of late. I would really like to try my hand at constructing a multicell horn and would like to clone as closely as possible an Altec 1005 horn. I remember the excellent how to pics that were at the beginning of this thread and see that they have been removed. I sent Petter a PM some time ago which has gone unanswered. The pics have been removed from the other forum that was linked to this one. I'm bumping this thread up to see if he may respond or if the pics are hosted somewhere else.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Some are, some aren't. Depends on the model.
EDIT: E.G., I've used 3 different models of the Altec Multicellular horns
  • 803 35x70 deg
  • 1005 40x100 deg (my current)
  • 1505 60x105 deg (my favorite)
The 803 I might call long throw, the 1505 certainly not.

Construction of a mold

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Was later copied so the mold became symmetrical

hello
Sorry but I can´t open the pictures, maybe you can help me
best regards
josef

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi Josef, I think tinitus was talking about if you add images to your own post (so as to avoid the problem where externally hosted images disappear after time. Unfortunately it looks like the images are gone so I don't think there is any way of viewing them short of the OP re posting them.

Tony.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
yeah, I thought he wrote upload
but see it clearly says 'open' now

yes, I also now remember there were requests the other day about how to find these pictures with multicell construction details
actually I remember having seen a detailed construction guide, with photos, somewhere