The construction of a multicell horn - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th October 2009, 08:45 AM   #31
mrevie is offline mrevie  Australia
diyAudio Member

I'm definitely in awe. That's an amazing build and system.

Love your work Petter.
Old 10th October 2009, 08:46 AM   #32
diyAudio Member

For those intreseted in building these multicellular horns, send me your e-mail in
a pm and I will sen you a spreadsheet. Note that this is made for a 2" driver. If
you are using a 1,4" you simpley extrapolate the throat.
Old 10th October 2009, 08:49 AM   #33
diyAudio Member

Thanks mrevie! It is quite easy built, just takes a lot of time...
Old 10th October 2009, 08:52 AM   #34
mrevie is offline mrevie  Australia
diyAudio Member

I've managed to massacre many, many "easy to build" projects in the past, so irrespective of your modesty - i'm still in awe. Hehe.
Old 27th October 2009, 11:28 AM   #35
diyAudio Member

Hi Petter,

can you check your PM? or can you contact me on jdm1@azet.sk ?

thank you,

danny
Old 27th October 2009, 11:49 AM   #36
Fuling is offline Fuling  Sweden
diyAudio Member

"It is quite easy built, just takes a lot of time..."

I both agree and disagree with that.

I´ve built a pair of smaller multicell horns using pretty much the same materials and methods. It wasn´t that hard to make a pair works quite good but when I tried to build a new set that also was supposed to look decent I failed miserably...
Old 6th November 2009, 11:19 AM   #37
diyAudio Member

Danny, you got mail
Old 6th November 2009, 11:21 AM   #38
diyAudio Member

One has to use a mold made of hard wood, NOT MDF! otherwise the ball bearing will dig into the mold and change it's dimesions. Unfortunatilly that's what hapend to Fuling.
Old 6th November 2009, 11:42 AM   #39
Fuling is offline Fuling  Sweden
diyAudio Member

I suggest alu or steel for the template. I tried both plywood and massive oak, both got worn out by the ball bearing.
Old 17th January 2010, 03:17 AM   #40
diyAudio Member

Hello,
I am wondering if the template dimensions or an actual scaled template for the partitions of the cells (long skinny triangles) are available from anyone on the thread?

I have admired this project for some time now and recently made friends with an individual who owns a CNC wood cutting set-up. I would like to get a copy of this template if possible and have a CNC "board template" made to make multiple cuts on a single sheet of ply. Once I have paid for this set up it will be available for anybody who would like to have the partition walls CNC machined from this individual. I will pay for the initial set up fees so subsequent runs will only cost the price of the material and about $15-20 bucks a cut sheet of plywood for the CNC fee (I haven't had him figure the final price b/c there is a bit replacement fee that must be factored in for every 10 sheets run).

First, I need to get a proper template for this project or at least some exact dimensions so I can replicate the design. After this, anybody who might be interested can feel free to contact me and I will be glad to introduce you to the CNC owner. I don't think he would mind if I even posted his contact info directly on the thread but I will ask first.

The CNC machine is located pretty much near the middle of the US in Lawton, OK so shipping shouldn't terribly high either to most places in the US.

Thanks for you assistance with this project, I will post more on this once I have gathered the dimensions I need.

Jeff

Hide this!Advertise here!