Revelator/Revelator crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'd like to go for an all Revelator design involving the ScanSpeak 18W4531 G and the new ScanSpeak 2904/7000.

The needed volume for a ported design would be 42 liter, which makes for a nice floorstander.

The crossover however is much more difficult (for me). I'd like it to be 6dB, which should be feasible given the drivers.

Anybody out there able to give a shot at the needed crossover ? (or possibly knowing a published project where they covered it)

Gert

:idea: Checkout the series x-overs at ARGOS loudspespeaker home page at http:// home. iprimus.com.au/gradds/ there is page s and pages of info there including a design speadsheet, very simple and easy to implement, I have used series networks once or twice and the result was quite good, in fact so good that I managed to use drivers which otherwise were almost impossible to integrate by normal means without resorting to very complex and expensive networks due to the number of components required :D you can use a 4ohm tweeter combined with a 8 ohm woofer because you use a series resistor to tune the network:devily: give it a go you have nothing to lose but a lot to gain regards:bulb: :nod:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.