TB Underhung drivers (new system for HT)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm considering the TB underhung series of drivers for a new home theater rig and wondered if the collective minds could audit my design thoughts ...
Woofer : TB W5-1685 underhung woofer

Tweeter :TB 1" dome tweeter

Thinking about 10L sealed box and crossing over at about 5-6 Khz
Rolloff on the woofer looks gentle enough to handle with a second order , but i'm thinking fourth order for the little tweeter.
Another idea that springs to mind is to run the woofer almost full range with the tweeter just perking things up past 8khz or so.
Feel free to shoot me down in flames kids!
TIA
Jorge

Didn't realize Zaph had tested them

Thanks for the update , i'll peruse those curves with care.
The tweeter flange, i'll cast in place.
What I do is rout out the tweeter flange about 1/4" larger than required and add a few 1/8" holes for grip.
Once that's done , I wrap the flange with about three turns of masking tape and cover the rest for protection.
A quick spray with canola oil (Pam cooking spray!) and the tweeter is screwed to the baffle.
Once attached I pour in a coat of Durham's water putty and smooth to near flush, after an overnight dry it sands to a perfect fit!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.